About Balsdons Vehicle Services Ltd
Please allow me to introduce our company to you. My name is Allan Balsdon, Having worked in the recovery / garage industry all my working life, i took on the running of a local garage in 1997 concentrating in vehicle maintenance and recovery of light and heavy vehicles.
Through being reliable and consistent, we secured several maintenance contracts and by 2004 we realised we would have to seek alternative premises. After a long search we realised that there were no suitable premises in the locality, so we purchased an acre of land on Exeter Road Industrial Estate in Okehampton, Devon, beside the main A30 trunk road and had a new purpose built workshop erected on it designed for the efficient maintenance of cars, vans and trucks and to use as an operating center for our recovery services.
We opened our new premises in November 2006. We are a family run business with three of my sons, Lee, Michael and Paul working for me, we also employ eight other qualified technicians and two apprentices.
Our workshop has been fully equipped with brand new equipment which includes; 4-two post lifts for lifting cars and vans; the latest A.T.L. scissor lift MOT Bay; three sets of mobile column lifts for lifting trucks and coaches; and advanced diagnostic equipment for cars and trucks.
We are ATA registered and our recovery technicians are IVR trained and ADR certified. We have a quality system that is accredited to the ISO9001:2000 standard, our recovery services are also accredited to PAS43 and National Highway Sector Schemes: Sector 17 to UKAS standards and in February 2010 we obtained PAS80: BSI Kitemarks. We are also members to the Motor Industry Code of Practice and The Good Garage Scheme. In 2009 we were one of the nominated finalist for the Motor Trader Awards Garage of the Year 2009 for the UK.
On the recovery side we currently operate light recovery trucks, heavy recovery trucks and roadside assistance vans, One roadside assistance van is equipped for motorcycle recovery and a towing dolly for cars and light vans and the other service van is equipped for commercial breakdowns.
Our vehicles meet all recovery needs.
- 24-hour access to all facities
- 24-callout and recovery for motorcycles, cars, vans, minibuses, trucks, horseboxes and coaches
- 24 hour car, van, tipper and minibus hire
- Quick fit tyre, exhaust and battery service
- Secure storage for all vehicles
- Fully compliant wash bay facilities
- Air conditioning serviced and repaired
- Class 1,2,3,4,5L and 7 MOT testing
- Advanced Diagnostics
- Car, van and commercial vehicle servicing and repair
- Commercial vehicle inspections and fleet maintenance
- Commercial roller brake tester
- Very easy access from the A30 trunk road
- Goods vehicle MOT's arranged and prepared
- Comfortable, friendly waiting area and spacious service reception with excellent facilities.
- Service van equipped with motorcycle recovery trailer and car / small van recover dolly
- Service van fully equiped for commercial vehicle breakdowns
- Light recovery truck with a beavertail recovery bed
- Light recover sleeper cab truck with tilt slide bedd and second car lift
- Heavy recovery Renault Magnum with top recovery boom, long under lift and side winder winches
- Friendly, polit and well trained staff
From our feedback, we achieve very high customer satisfaction, Our relocation has enabled us to attend breakdowns much quicker being beside the A30, very close to Whitehouse service station, giving easy access to the main Exeter to Cornwall trunk road. Our average time from receiving a call and being on the scene of a breakdown is 20 minutes.
If you feel that you could benefit from any of our services, workshop or breakdown, then please do not hesitate to contact us either on our 24 hour telephone number 01837 55911 or by using the contact form on the contact us page.
Alternatively you may wish to contact us by post, our address is:
Balsdons Vehicle Services LTD, Galbraith Road, Hameldown Business Park, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 1UF